Saturday, March 16, 2013

Drug-Free Migraine Treatment

According to a recent study, electrical stimulation may be an effective way to treat migraines. This form of treatment uses a device that stimulates the supraorbital nerve. The research found that those who received 20 minutes of electrical stimulation per day for 20 months had a decrease in the number of migraines they suffered from per month. However, this method of treatment has not been approved for use in the United States yet.

I chose this article because both my mom and my sister are chronic migraine sufferers. It would be great if a new treatment method was found. I know from  being around my mom that the side effects of migraine treatment drugs aren't always positive, and that sometimes the drug can provide no relief at all.

The Article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home