Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sensor Implant

     Tim Cannon a "Biohacker" developed a chip the size of a smartphone that once implanted into the body can monitor the users vitals and transit that information via Bluetooth to their phone. The device uses a wirelessly charged battery for power so it would not have to be removed to change out the batteries. While it is still under development Tim Cannon has implanted a prototype into his own arm to test the device. The implantation of such a device is for obvious reasons not medically approved, so he had the procedure done by a "body modification expert". He hopes to improve the device to the point where it will be able to detect the mood you are in and prepare your home environment to accommodate.
     This article caught my eye mainly because I could not believe that someone would actually implant something that size into their own arm. As I continued to read it I became intrigued with what his overall goal was. While I would not have the device at its current state implanted into me, as the device develops and becomes smaller (preferably small enough to just inject) I would be more open to the idea of receiving such a device that could monitor my vitals and alert me if there is something going on that should not be. Also when you go to the hospital they could download the information and see exactly what was going on inside of you rather in a few seconds as apposed to taking each vital individually. Besides who would not want to come home to a nice hot bath and relaxing setting after having a stressful day thanks to the device in your body.  

http://mashable.com/2013/11/05/biohacker-sensor/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home