Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oregano to Cure Prostate Cancer?

Article LinkSupplemental Article

Prostate Cancer is very prevalent in males often ending in death. It is estimated that 1 in 36 men die from this painful disease. Research on the effects that oregano has on prostate cancer cells has been documented by Dr. Supriya Bavadekar. The compound Carvacrol has been shown to induce apoptosis or programmed cell death in cancer cells. However, further testing is subsequently on going to determine why this chemical induces apoptosis.

This article is very intriguing to me for two reasons. Cancer is a worldwide struggle and any advancement in the ability to preserve lives that have been effected by cancer related problems is amazing. One of my grandfathers passed away from prostate cancer when I was a child. He died at a relatively young age and I saw how his passing affected my family and especially my father. Cancer is a deadly disease and reading how every day things can help cause it and also prevent it is a true wonder to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home