Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Neuroanatomist Experiences Stroke

Over spring break I had the pleasure of meeting my mom's college friend who has Multiple Sclerosis. In Canada (where she lives), she interviews medical students and speaks to medical students about the psychiatry of patients with neurological disorders, such as MS. I had an interesting talk with her about the differences in health care between America and Canada (the drug costs for a condition such as MS can build up), and about her condition.

Anyways, she sent me this link to a lecture given by a neuroanatomist who experienced a stroke and lived to tell about it. I'll admit it's a bit odd but at the same time it was quite the insight to the condition. I would summarize it, but it would not do the speech justice.


http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/229

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home