Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Week 1

Bioengineers at Work - Well I decided to break the ice and post my first entry to the blog. It is the first week we have really worked on the device design project. I am happy to say I am a proud member of Ewok-502 and we have been assigned the neonate icmo. Our first virtual meeting is tommorrow with dr. wasser so I looked a few things up today. I found the diameter of an intubation tube for a preemie to kind of give an idea of how big the thoat and possible air intake can be. In my head I have a few ideas on the way i imagine the device will look however getting it to work will be a challenge. I am optomistic that with my team we will develop a really awesome yet practical device, and having experience volunteering in a neonatal intensive care unit I really understand and appreciate the reasoning behind this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home