Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blood type relation to coronary heart disease

Researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston have made studies relating a person's blood type and the chance of them developing coronary heart disease. The results of the research shows that people with non-O blood types A, B, or AB were more likely to develop heart diseases than those with O blood. Researchers said that the gene for blood type is often close to genes that code for proteins involving inflammation and cell adhesion, which contribute to coronary heart disease.

There is also evidence that blood type is related to cholesterol levels. Blood type A is associated with LDL which can clog arteries. And type AB is associated is linked to inflammation which can affect blood vessels.

The reason this articles interests me so much is because many people in my family, including my father have suffered from heart disease, and I may suffer from it in the future too, and in a way I do since my LDL levels are just above the range of "normal" in the scale. Which is why I try to have my HDL levels high and try to take preventive supplements that might help keep arteries clean.

This blog was based on the article in this web page: http://labtestsonline.org/news/120924chd/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home