Sunday, September 04, 2005

Master Yoda says, "Post to the Blog you must. Hmm yes!"


As threatened in my opening remarks to the class this semster, I have set up a new group weblog (Blog) for our use in the Physiology for Bioengineers course sequence (VTPP 334 and 335). Once I have assigned you to your Device Design Project Groups (which I will be doing tomorrow!), you must elect a "Blogmaster" who will do the actual posting to the web for your group. The other group members should e-mail their posts to the Blogmaster. That is how this is going to work!

Now--what do I want you to post? I'm interested in the process by which your group makes decisions as you work on the device design project later this semster. You will be meeting (a lot) with me and with each other and you will find that you must come up with multiple ideas, sift through them, reject some, and accept others. How you make these decisions, what information you use to make your choices, and how you interact as a team--that is what I want to see posted to the Blog.

This is a novel tool for this course and I view it as part of the evolutionary development of teaching physiology to bioengineering and radiological health and safety students. We will simply need to do it this semester and see where it leads us. In the words of Master Yoda, "Try not. Do or do not, there is no try!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home